Monday, February 11, 2008

Sing-Along Songs for the Very Weird

A few months ago, I posted one of my favorite songs and a bizarre YouTube video of it. I was subsequently informed that I am very weird. What a suprise, right? Well, this inspired me to make a play list of some songs I like. I've been working on it for months, and I think it's finally ready for publication. It's entitled "Sing-Along Songs for the Very Weird" in honor of a Raffi tape we had when we were little ("Sing Along Songs for the Very Young"- at least that's what I thought it was called, turns out it's called "Singable," but it's close enough). All of these songs make me burst into song. Some I sing the whole thing, some just the refrain, some just a few choice words. But there is no way to listen to this play list without singing. Anyone who wants a copy burned to CD needs to let me know- I'm more than happy to share the weird wealth. Hope you enjoy- this is a true labor of love.

I Was Dancing In The Lesbian Bar
: Jonathan Richman
Red Dirt Girl: Emmylou Harris
Me and Mrs. Jones: Barry White
My Lovin' [You're Never Gonna Get It]: En Vogue
Jesus Christ: U2
Ms. Jackson: OutKast
Killing Me Softly: The Fugees
Girls on My Mind: David Byrne
Uncle John's Band: Grateful Dead
In The Navy: Village People
I Wish You Wouldn't Say That: Talking Heads
Roxanne:The Police
Beverly Hills: Weezer
Free Fallin': Tom Petty
Jackson: Johnny Cash (With June Carter)
Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss Uhn Tiss: Bloodhound Gang
Ass Like That: Eminem
My Humps: Black Eyed Peas
You Can Call Me Al: Paul Simon
There Are Places I Remember: The Beatles
Money (That's What I Want): The Flying Lizards
Keep On The Sunny Side: June Carter Cash
My Ding-A-Ling: Chuck Berry
Just Can't Get Enough: Depeche Mode
Book of Love: Peter Gabriel
Cecilia: Simon & Garfunkel
When God Made Me: Neil Young
You'll Never Walk Alone: Elvis Presley
Angel in the Centerfold: J. Geils Band
So Fresh, So Clean: OutKast
Lola: The Kinks
Changes: David Bowie
Last Kiss: Pearl Jam
Mistadobalina: del tha funkee homosapien
Quitting Smoking Song: Princess Superstar
Surrender: Cheap Trick
Again: Janet Jackson
Roam Around The World: B-52's
Shoop: Salt-N-Peppa
Sweetest Thing: U2

1 comments:

Dale said...

Yo do say "anyone," but you don't really know me. If you want me to send you a couple of dollars first to cover material and postage, I'd be glad to. This sounds like a good mix.