Wednesday, May 07, 2008

How Weird

Running with Dogs and I recently attended the "How Weird Street Faire," and of course, I am late posting about it. However, Running with Dogs keeps me on my toes, and reminds me that now is the time.

We went to this event expecting weird activism. Instead, we got a semblance of a weird outdoor rave. Maybe it was the time we showed up- about 5pm, after the A's game- or maybe it's just what it was and we couldn't read between the lines very well. Also, we realized that however weird we are, There are many weirder people out there, especially in San Francisco. I know, I know, that's a "duh" moment, but hey, I seem to have at least one or two of those a day.

So Running with Dogs also helped me on my new project of taking pictures of strangers (more on that later). Here are some highlights from the fair:







There were many many small children here, and quite a few pregnant women. Odd to me to have small children around so much chaos, loud music and blatant drug usage, but hey, as one dude said to me "we shall overcome." Ok, I guess "how weird" is code for "fight the drug war."



For the rest of the pictures, click here.

0 comments: