Thursday, November 06, 2008

ObamaNight

I have so much to say about the election, but first, I have been diligently working on my photos from the "after party." I don't really know what to call it- there were parties in the streets all over Oakland. The one C and I went to was downtown, and we were basically dancing and yelling and screaming in the street for 3 hours. In the middle of the night. And it was safe. This is momentous. I've condensed the pictures down to the following, and if you chose, you can select the captions to go along with each. Enlarge the slideshow to be full screen, and you will see a choice in the middle for "info on." This will allow you to read my description of each picture. I would recommend watching once without the captions and once with. I hope you enjoy this- this was really a wonderful moment, whether you were celebrating Obama, the first black president, or the relief of No More Bush.



soundtrack

3 comments:

gdphoto said...

Great shots!
I was listening to Leonard Cohen's "Hallelujah" while watching through, it made me tear up all over again.

I just did my election night post as well. We had a much more subdued bunch up here, but very very happy.

themacinator said...

i was trying to decide what to put up as the soundtrack- great idea! thanks!!

Meera said...

Nice pictures! Makes me wish I had gone downtown that night - they apparently closed some streets for the crowds in Austin. Whee!

- Kuttu & Pixel's mom