Thursday, March 19, 2009

It's Like Collecting Baseball Cards

At least, that's what they say...

Thanks to SFist for the heads up, because you know I am not about to read the Chronicle every day. Apparently San Francisco is considering jail time for the Very Serious Crime of graffiti because people are So Pissed Off. If you've been following along like good themacinator readers, you'll know that I'm not too worried about pissing off the city of San Francisco, and that I do in fact support appropriately placed graffiti that is not gang related. Of course, the well-selected quotes in the SF Chronicle article will have you believing that all graffiti is on the sides of houses owned by frail elderly people and that once one building is tagged, houses start getting foreclosed and basically, everything goes to shit. Damn, who knew spray paint was so powerful!

I have to tell you, I have a different reading of this article. If you want to live by the doctrine previously outlined by themacinator and conveniently and in a timely fashion brought up again by my dear friend Mr Nevius over at the Chronicle, I recommend moving to Seattle if you hate graffiti, and continuing to take pictures of graff in SF if you live here, like me. I mean, really, didn't he know he was batting for other team when he used the baseball card quote? He might has well have handed me a Rickey rookie card.

Go A's!

0 comments: