Monday, June 01, 2009

More Bits and Pieces

You've probably heard, but George Tiller was shot yesterday. Dr Tiller provided abortion services for something like 30 years and had already been shot once, in 1993. I haven't found any direct action sites yet, but stay tuned with NARAL and I'm sure they'll have some good tips. In the meantime, thoughts to Dr Tiller's family, and let's move forward in a positive, constructive way.

Luisa at Lassie, Get Help has a fine piece on ethical hunting for food. I'm a vegetarian, but I hate dogma. I think we do and think a lot of things "just because." For example: "I hunt because we always did it." Or, "I'm a vegetarian because it's the right thing to do." Neither of those is a particularly well thought out position. Lassie, Get Help has some finer points to consider.

that's all for now, folks. Later- a rooster and kitten analysis.

0 comments: