Monday, July 20, 2009

Go Home, Gio

I had heard enough in the 2nd tonight, but it got worse. I turned on the A's game for a second, and two pitches later, Gio Gonzalez gave up a grand slam. That was 7 runs in less than 2 complete innings. I turned it off. I turned it back on a minute ago to find out that 11 runs were charged to Gio in less than 3 innings. WHY WHY WHY? I almost went to the game tonight. Plans changed, but when I realized Gio was pitching, I was relieved that we didn't go. It's that bad- when Gio pitches I don't want to go, and I almost never listen when he's pitching. His stats kind of speak for him- why do the A's keep bringing him back, and why do they keep putting him in games? It's not like they can afford to keep putting in a guaranteed loss.

The bets predicted a shelling for Gio. Maybe the A's should start reading what the bookies are saying.

1 comments:

thb said...

they are hitting bottom of barrel, what does it sound like that close to the coliseum?