Thursday, January 28, 2010

A Few Words Thursday

Since I missed Wordless Wednesday, (I'll be honest, I fell asleep at 6pm last night with every intention of posting these then,) I get to post some of these with words!

Last week V and I went on one of the most epic road trips ever. Epic not in length but in sheer "wow, someone could write a novel about this and it could compete with Faulkner or at least Kerouac." Our destination was the Salton Sea, and we made it, although the weather had other plans. I navigated my trusty Volvo through flooded, mudded waters, and we came out the other side. We also stopped in the Salton's Sea's antithesis: Los Angeles and experienced two culture shocks- the culture shock of leaving the Salton Sea and the culture shock of Los Angeles itself. Meanwhile, V was dealing with what some would call "personal stuff" and others would call "life." Then I neglected to check the traffic and I5 was closed due to snow. Snow? This was all feeling a bit apocalyptic. So we stopped at the beach on the way back and made a trip to Fort Ord and finally, finally made it almost home to a little more of life, and then collapsed at our own homes- Australia and Oakland.

And then there was Mac. Super traveller extraordinaire, always game for a road trip and always game to play. He ran in the rain at a Motel 6, though he didn't love it, he went up to his knees in dead-fish-mud at the Salton Sea, and he was rewarded with some long line fun at Fort Ord. Here are a few action shots, courtesy of V. You can see the rest of her Epic Road Trip shots.







3 comments:

Pibble said...

I LOVE the picture with the stick in Mac's mouth! What a happy pooch! Thanks for sharing and putting a smile on my face.

5225 said...

Never put off till tomorrow what may be done today..........................

vianaturae said...

wait, that's the stick from the other night!