Saturday, March 13, 2010

My New Toy: Diana Instant Back

I was feeling lame a couple weeks ago so I resorted to the traditional female pastime of gratuitous shopping. This is not my favorite pastime, gratuitious or not. I hate shopping. Unless it involves camera stuff. I wasn't in the market for anything, really, but I love bringing my dog to Looking Glass, and by all accounts they love having him there. There's about 10 pictures of him in the store, including



Mac demonstrating his bad manners and sharing secrets with the staff.

Anyway, I left with a gift to myself: a toy camera, with an attachment (back) that allowed me to take instant pictures. With the death of Polaroid film, I've been looking into the Fuji replacements, but they're all bulky and cumbersome and not nearly aesthetically pleasing enough for purchase. But the Diana is cute, little, and multi-purpose, as it also (without the instant back) shoots 120 film, and can be reconfigured to shoot 35mm film. But I put the instant back on during the car-ride home with the help of V, who knows all about my mechanical disinclinations and has been party to quite a few lengthy installations lately, and the instant back has not left the Diana lately. I will add that the Diana is very aesthetically pleasing, being glow-in-the-dark green and having tiny little glow-in-the-dark stars on it. I can't resist, on cuteness factor alone. So, here's some of the (many) pictures I've taken. Next up, working on the quality of the scans.

0 comments: