Thursday, July 15, 2010

Oakland Murals

The blog has been on a mini-hiatus due to a couple things on the way to a Big Thing. I was inspired by some of the fine folks in the flickr Guess Where SF group who made a beautiful new website of the San Francisco Murals. I love street art- more than art in a museum or on a wall, at least hanging on a wall. I've written about street art and graffiti and about public space.

And now I'm doing something about it.

After lots of arguing back and forth with my server and the technicians who run it, I have finally got a new site up and running without corrupting anything else. The new site is called Oakland Murals. I'm hoping it will be a collaborative affair- I've already solicited (and received!) photos of murals from many photographers. I want to facilitate artists and photogs in upping Oakland pride, in showing off what we have to offer here. Feel free to share the website, to take photos, to submit, and generally make this site part of the Oakland community.

(It feels weird being a self-promoter!)

I've also created this handy button to add the Oakland Murals site to your website.



Oakland MUrals





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a terrific site!!! Oakland is lucky to have a booster like you!!
DB

宥妃宥妃 said...

Beauty, unaccompanied by virtue, is as a flower without perfume...................................................................

潘凱花潘凱花 said...

快樂,是享受工作過程的結果............................................................