Friday, June 17, 2011

Attendance and Sadness

As the A's face the Giants tonight in a sure sellout, I would like to share a story of the A's woes in a series of panoramas of some of the games I have attended so far this year. Note the preponderance of green (i.e. empty seats) all over the stadium in all of the shots except the Yankees game.

May 2nd, A's vs Texas Rangers. Announced attendance 9,193. Highlight: Actually seeing Matsui hit a homerun. Actually, I believe I called it. Sarcastically.

photo.JPG

May 15th, A's vs Chicago White Sox. Attance: 19,018. I don't remember anything about this game. I am absolutely sure there were not 19k people there.

photo.JPG

May 17th, A's vs LA Angels of Anaheim. Attendance: 12,190. A's Jewish heritage night, which was horrendous, as was the weather. The A's were possessed by another offense and scored 14 runs. I was sick, so we only saw 8 or so of the runs. The actual attendance was close to 5k.

photo.JPG


May 30th, A's vs NY Yankees. Attendance: 35,067 (sellout). Terrible game, all around. Read about it here.

photo.JPG

June 16th, A's vs KC Royals. Attendance: 11,775. Definitely under 10k at the ballpark. Amazing game in the sun, the A's scored 8 runs in the sun. Jamile Weeks showing a spark on a dull team. New manager Bob Melvin ejected, Gio wild and all over the place- 100+ pitches in 5 innings.

photo.JPG

0 comments: