Thursday, March 13, 2014

Richard Price: Samaritan

Shop Indie Bookstores
Lately I've just needed some fiction. Years and years ago I read Richard Price's "Clockers," which I think eventually became a movie, and really enjoyed it. Sometime after that I bought "Samaritan" and it sat on my shelf for years. In between library books, I"m *still trying to read all the books on my shelves, so last week I pulled "Samaritan" out. I remember hearing something about it not being super good- I don't know if it was from my dad or a reviewer or what, but it was really good, for the first 2/3 of the book. After that, the main character really started to wear on me and I wanted it to end. What can you say about a book that you can't put down for 300 pages that still has 100 to go? Certainly can't say it's a bad book, but a disappointing one for sure. You get all would up and involved and then such a let down while you hope for the best at the end. If you fancy a free read, it's by my front door.

1 comments:

thb said...

THB has not read nor bought Samaritan. THB has read Clockers and Lush Life, much preferring Clockers. THB will not be reading Samaritan.